Sunday, May 31, 2015

A Stash Report and Some Slow Stitching for Week 22

It's been a dreary weekend so far, cold and cloudy.  But at least there hasn't been any rain since early yesterday morning.  It's the kind of weather where you want to just stay snuggled under the covers or curled up on the couch with a good book.  I did sleep in for a few hours yesterday, but only managed an extra hour this morning. I stayed up late last night putting the final stitches on the binding for Flame Test (previously know as the Rainbow Scrap Challenge Sampler).  I'm hoping to get some pictures of the finished quilt today.  It's supposed to be cloudy all day so that may not happen. I forgot to snap a shot of the slow stitching on the binding, but did get picture of the label being sewn in place. 


The hand stitching took a couple of days, so there wasn't much progress on my other projects.  Most of the outgoing on the stash report is the binding and framing strips for the label.

Used last week:  0.69 yards
Used in May:  2.47 yards
Used year to date:  15.12 yards
Purchased year to date:  0 yards  

So still more out than in so far this year.  I'm doing well on keeping the incoming way down, but I would like to up the outgoing a bit.  Hopefully I'll be making a backing for Grand Illusion next month and that will give a nice boost to the outgoing numbers.  

I'm going to grab a second cup of coffee then check out all the stash reports over at Patchwork Times and the slow stitching going on over at Kathy's Quilts

11 comments:

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

What an interesting label! Can't wait to see your finished quilt. I have had hard time fitting in a couple of pictures of king size tops I have completed. I am ready for some sun!

Julie in GA said...

I hope the weather clears up enough for you to get some photos of you sampler quilt. I can't wait to get a look at the final product. I know you must be happy to have a finish.

Kaelyn Angelfoot said...

I love that label! And I checked out the quilt top, it is very beautiful.

gayle said...

I am so in love with that label!

Quilter Kathy said...

What a cool label! And a fabulous quilt that it's being sewn onto!
ENjoy your slow stitching!

CathieJ said...

Great label. My son, who is working on his Chemistry PhD would love it.

The Cozy Quilter said...

Nice label! Rainy and cold here too. Perfect slow stitching weather!

Marti said...

I love your label! That is so neat.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Wow, that's a unique label - love it!

Shay said...

Summer is on the way Kate- Im sure it'll put it in an appearance soon.

Thats one of the most unique labels I've ever seen. Great job!

Preeti said...

Speaking of Summer - as soon as I put away my comforter, it gets cold again!!!
Love your label - who said that the periodic table is only for students of Physics/Chemistry? Kudos to you for looking at things in a different way!!!
And thank you for your sweet comment on my blog
http://sewpreetiquilts.blogspot.com