Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Works in Progress - The Last Two Blocks

It's been a hectic week.  I've managed a bit of time in the sewing room since the weekend, but not a lot.  Science Fair is coming up this next weekend, so Drama Teen has needed an editor, a publisher and an audience already this week.  I'll be glad once we get past Saturday and it's over for another year.  

Last week, block 10 in the Chocolate Marshmallow sew along was completed. 






























Here's all ten completed blocks up on the design wall. 


Chocolate Marshmallows:  pattern by Amanda Bergamin
of Sea Breeze Quilts

The last two Chocolate Marshmallow blocks are going to be a challenge.  I've limited my pallet to just 3 pinks and 2 browns.   These last two blocks call for more fabrics than what I've been using.  So I need to scan my fabrics and play with the fabric placement to see if I can make it work without adding any other fabrics.  

The other WIPs are progressing too. Since I'm off this Friday, I should have the borders on the 2014 Rainbow Challenge Scrap Sampler project by the weekend.  And the last pink Twinkle Star block should get done as well. 

Go check out all the other WIPs over at Freshly Pieced, Esther's Blog and on Thursday check out Needle and Thread Thursday over at My Quilt Infatuation.  

8 comments:

Alison V. said...

These blocks are all so cute together!

Barbara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Barbara said...

Can't spell this morning. Those are some good looking blocks. I especially love the last one. In my original comment, I wrote, good "lucking", which couldn't be allowed to stand.

Jessica White said...

Oh my! I love those blocks and I love those colors together...there's just something special about chocolates and pinks!

Here via WIP Wednesday.

MartiDIY said...

Can you turn some of your fabrics over and use the wrong side? Technically still one of your five fabrics....

Chris said...

I love these blocks. I love the name even more LOL.

thea said...

Your blocks are looking great. I love the colors.

Stephanie said...

Wow, it's coming along so well!