Wednesday, February 18, 2015

WIP Wednesday - Chocolate Marshmallows

Thanks to everyone who weighed in on the question from last week's post about what was a WIP and what was a UFO.   Most everyone considers a WIP something that they are actively working on.  While a UFO is either defined by how old the project is or it is a project that isn't likely to get done.  For the purpose of WIP Wednesday, it's likely that some of my UFOs will become a WIP when I'm actively working on them. 

Now that the WIP/UFO question is setteled, I can move on to this week's WIP.  Last week, the post showed 4 of the five projects I'm actively sewing on.    I'm only going to pick one for this week's post.  Block 9 of the Chocolate Marshmallow quilt along over at Sea Breeze Quilts is done.  






























Block 10 is partially assembled.  Here's the 9 blocks completed to date.


Chocolate Marshmallows:  pattern by Amanda Bergamin of Sea Breeze Quilts


























Blocks 11 and 12 came out on Sunday.  The instructions are printed off, but I've not done anything with them yet.  That should change this weekend.   Now that I've got the patterns for all the blocks, it's  really time to figure out a setting plan for these blocks.  I would really like to keep up the momentum so these don't end up on the UFO list. Working out settings and borders is usually the point one of my projects is most likely to move from the WIP to the UFO list.  It can take me a while to figure out the finishing steps.  

I'm linking up with WIP Wednesday over at Freshly Pieced and WIPs on Wednesday at Esther's Blog.  Plus linking to Needle and Thread Thursdays over at My Quilt Infatuation.  

12 comments:

ipatchandquilt said...

Lovely blocks. They go so well together!
Lots of fun with number 11 and 12!
Esther

MartiDIY said...

I love the colors you chose for that. Are 11 and 12 the last blocks?

seabreezequilts said...

Fantastic the quilt is going to look great. Heads up I am doing sashing end with sawtooth stars on the corner stones

Robin said...

It is fun seeing your sampler blocks-- I'm working on this one too, and it is so interesting to see how varying fabrics bring different effects to the block. I never tire of it! Your blocks look awesome! :)

Esther Aliu said...

I love sampler blocks and these colours work so well.

Nicole Orriëns said...

Wow, I'm impressed! It looks great!

Momfever

Stephanie said...

Just love this colour palette.

Dee said...

This color combination has always been a favorite of mine! Your blocks are gorgeously scrumptious!

Marly said...

Lovely blocks in a striking colour combination.

Gayle Bong said...

very nice blog and very nice quilts. Love your sense of color.

Kristin Aquariann said...

Pretty quilts! I love brown and pink together.

Anonymous said...

Yay, you are almost finished with the blocks! I love the colors used in this quilt. Hopefully your quilt will speak to you about setting before it becomes a ufo