Sunday, February 15, 2015

Stash Report - Week 7 of 2015

We had a pretty relaxing Saturday.  It was beautiful outside, but it didn't last.  It was in the 60's at lunch, but by the time we ran out for coffee in the late afternoon it had already dropped into the low 40s.  The Weather Channel says we'll get sleet this afternoon and snow starting tonight.  Drama Teen may well get the snow day she says they've been cheated out of this year.  I'm not sure it matters, poor girl seems to have a cold.  She was pretty miserable last night with a sore throat and runny nose, but no fever.  So I don't think it's strep. She may well be home sick even if they don't have a snow day. 

It's been a good week in the sewing room.  Not an excellent week, but a good week.  There is a bit of usage to report.

Used last week:  0.53 yards
Used in February:  0.61 yards
Used year to Date:  3.22 yards

Even better there has been no incoming additions to the stash.  All the border pieces are made for the 2014 Rainbow Scrap Challenge Sampler, so I hope to have even better numbers next week.  

Though I didn't buy any fabric, I did place an order with Connecting Threads last week.  Their thread was on sale, so I took the opportunity to expand my color choices in the threads I use for bindings and sewing down labels. 


























Since I live so far from a quilt shop, cotton thread is hard to come by here in town, so it's nice to have a variety of colors to choose from when I'm ready to finish off a quilt. 

That's it for me this week.  Stay warm and drive safely if you live in the Midwest or Northeastern United States.  Check out all the other stash reports posted over at Patchwork Times.   

16 comments:

Mel said...

Love your thread choices

AnnieO said...

Pretty photo of your threads! Sorry DT is feeling poorly. You've done very well with no stash enhancement for the year so far:). Stay warm--we can't seem to have winter here in SoCal anymore.

Susan Torrens said...

You can never have too many colours of thread!

Deb said...

Cute pic, love their thread, use it all the time, my machine seems to respond to it best.

Angie in SoCal said...

Annie's right - it's been Spring weather for the past two weeks and I fear for Summer. People say we have it good, but what about 110+ days. Send a little cold our way. I love how the spools look together - like a paper pieced block. Stay warm.

Anonymous said...

Yay outage! The thread colors are lovely, and almost as satisfying as buying fabric :)

Hope DT gets to feeling better soon! We might be getting a snow day here too.

Linda M @ Pieceful Kingdom said...

Yay! More going out than in! That's always fun. I love your thread photo too. I really like the Essential thread from Connecting Threads. Stay warm...we're due for a few inches of snow and ice over the next couple of days too.

Dar said...

Can't wait to see what your pieced borders look like for your 2014 RBS Challenge quilt. You did better than I. I still have many blocks to make on my RBSC. Love all your cotton thread colors. Keeping those numbers in the right direction.

Dar said...

Can't wait to see what your pieced borders look like for your 2014 RBS Challenge quilt. You did better than I. I still have many blocks to make on my RBSC. Love all your cotton thread colors. Keeping those numbers in the right direction.

MartiDIY said...

I'm not sure if my comment went through because it made me log in when I clicked Publish. I hope DT feels better tomorrow, and I love all the thread you chose. I don't have much 100% cotton in my stash.

seabreezequilts said...

I bought a box of Sarah fielkes arifil thread a couple of weeks ago it was a ridiculously cheap price so I pounced so glad I did

Katie Z. said...

Yummy thread!

We have an inch of snow and it's still falling. No ice as far as I can tell.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I was tempted by their thread sale, but I have enough for the next 3 years I think. Look at all those yummy colors!!

Julie in GA said...

Congrats on the stash usage for the week. You are making good progress.
Beautiful thread colors!

Shay said...

Love the rainbow of thread. It's inspiring!

Jo said...

Always good yo have lots of colours around but you will find one day that you still don't have the right one....