Saturday, February 14, 2015

Rainbow Scrap Challenge - Playing with Pinks

It's been a long, but good week.  Drama Teen had her last physical therapy session yesterday.  She tore her ACL last August and had to have surgery to repair it.  She has been going to PT twice a week since the middle of September.  Yesterday she finally passed all the strength tests.  She'd really been struggling to get the strength in her quad back, but passed that test with a bit more than required.   She sees the doctor on Monday and is really hoping to be released from restrictions so she can start playing volleyball again.  She'll have to wear a knee brace for the next year when she's playing, but she's accepted that.  

I'll get a bit more time back in my schedule now that I won't be driving DT to PT twice a week.  Hopefully that will translate into a bit more time in the sewing room.  I didn't get a lot done this week.  Just one more Twinkle Star block was finished to bring the total  on the design wall to just two. 

Twinkle Stars
Tutorial by Andrea Feldbush of Soscrappy


But TS number 3 is under construction. I really like these blocks and can't wait till I have a few more colors done so I can mix them up on the design wall.  

That's it for me this week.  I'm linking up with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge over at Soscrappy.  Then I'm grabbing my second cup of coffee and checking out all the posts for this week.  Have a very happy Valentine's Day!  

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY

19 comments:

Linda M @ Pieceful Kingdom said...

I really love those twinkle star blocks. They are lovely!

Marly said...

Such pretty twinkle stars.

Julie in GA said...

Your Twinkle Stars are so pretty! Hopefully your schedule will ease up and you will get more time to sew.
Happy Valentine's Day!

Nell's Quilts said...

The twinkle stars are gorgeous. It will be interesting to see that secondary design element come together as you make more blocks.

Katie Z. said...

I'm so glad (for all of you) that PT is done. Here's to sports and sewing!

Scrappy quilter said...

I'm am really liking your twinkle star blocks.

Ariane said...

I love your twinkle star blocks!!!

Kevin the Quilter said...

Kate! I promise I have been keeping up with you and your progress on everything! Congrats on all of your WIPS! Everything is looking great, and I really love your RSC!

Jennie in GA said...

Love those Twinkle Stars! They are tempting me.......

Shay said...

The pink and aquas in your star look fantastic Kate. Great news about DT too!

Angie in SoCal said...

The more of those I see, the more I really like that twinkle star. I've made one and love it. Angela gets a big heart hug from me for giving us that pattern and a tutorial. Yours ar beautiful!

MartiDIY said...

I have been lusting after the twinkle star block since you started it, but part of the reason I like it so well are the colors you are using. Are they jewel tone colors or is that just the camera or color on my monitor?

Jo said...

I like the pink and purple together

make.share.give said...

Your twinkle stars are amazing. A knee brace is much better than not playing at all...this coming from a 46 year-old, not an active teen :)

Cathy said...

Love!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

yay DT!!! Enjoy your weekend1

scraphappy said...

Glad DT is on the mend. Hope the knee brace will keep her safe during volleyball season. Loving the color combinations on your twinkle stars. So pretty!

seabreezequilts said...

Those twinkle blocks are so pretty. Glad the knee saga is coming to an end for your all. Good luck with the Drs appointment.

Sheila said...

Cute twinkle blocks! Love them. Happy to hear your daughter has recovered and will be able to play sports again.