Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Mid-Month Report - 15 Minutes to Stitch - December 2014

Back in September I resolved to spend more time stitching.  I was having problems finding the energy to go sew in the evenings, so 2014 hasn't been nearly as successful in terms of quilt finishes as the previous year had been.  So I challenged myself to spend at least 15 minutes in the sewing room each day.  I've found if I can get myself into the sewing room, it typically ends up being more than an hour of stitching time.  

I did really well in October in getting up the stairs and into the sewing room.  November, I didn't do so well.  For December, well lets just say the holiday prep had more of an influence than I expected.  Stitching only happened 7 out of the first 15 days of the month.  That's one day less than I managed during the first 2 weeks of November.




This doesn't bode well for me reaching my goal of 50 yards out by the end of the year.  I'll have to work really hard to find 15 minutes before I start on holiday preparations each night.  Maybe I can finish strong like I did in November.  

How are you doing at finding 15 minutes to stitch this holiday season?  


10 comments:

Jo said...

I think I am getting my 15 minutes in but my posts aren't about that.,not even sure if I get a post done a day but very close...
Good on you for trying though. Actually getting in the sewing room is a start

Dominique Goh said...

I'm not into sewing and can't really sew but am thinking of doing hama beads next year. Good luck in your sewing project.

stevebethere said...

Sorry I put my link in the wrong one can you delete it please arrghh!..thanks

Shay said...

I think with me being on holidays, I have been fooled into thinking I have plenty of time to get things done. But yesterday I pulled out some batting after I'd laid out backing on my basting table only to find it was 5 inches short of useful. To say I was bummed was an understatement. I consoled myself with making two pouches for my Ipad and diary instead.

Lynne said...

2014 hasn't been successful in terms of finishing for me either. Mostly because I keep starting something new! January, our summer down time, will hopefully be set aside for some basting and quilting!

Bonnie said...

Ah Kate. This isn't the best text to finish things. I'd love to get a few small quilts done but I'm not holding my breath. I'm going to be working on late presents cause I won't see daughter's family for a while. May end up shipping some of it to them. Good luck with hitting that magic number.

thea said...

You can only do what you can do .. time seems to just slip away.

Vanessa Morgan said...

Fifteen minutes doesn't seem like a lot, yet we always find more important things to do.

seabreezequilts said...

Got home yesterday from Melbourne and crashed. Today I've food shopped and I think I'm ready for xmas day. Even bought berries for squids trifle which I wasn't going to do until wednesday but the shops are zoo this year and I don't think I have the energy to hit them again so I purchased them and have put them in the freezer. Seriously thinking about going out to the sewing room this afternoon and put that aircon on (its a hot one today) this week has been a bad one for stitching (but I did stitch all day last Sunday).

Julie in GA said...

My stitching time has been way down this month too. I had a stretch of over a week when I didn't do any quilting at all, not even hand stitching my hexies. Too many other things going on right now. We will get back to it soon. I'm enjoying seeing your progress on Bonnie's mystery.