Saturday, September 27, 2014

Rainbow Scrap Challenge - A Little Orange Finally

It's been a month since my last Rainbow Scrap Challenge Post.  I knew I was behind, but hadn't realized by just how much.  My mental health day yesterday was pretty productive.  All the orange scraps were dug up, cut up and sewn back together until two of the blocks for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge Sampler were finished.

 Rainbow Scrap Challenge Sampler
By Angela Feldbush of Soscrappy

The third orange block is partially assembled and I've gotten a start on this month's orange Inverted Star.  As for the butterfly block, orange was the one color that got made as part of last year's challenge. 

Scrappy Butterflies
Block is available in EQ 7 Block Library

I'm hoping to finish all the other orange blocks today.  Hard to believe it's almost October. I've not spent much time with this month's color, but still I'm looking forward to seeing what color we'll be playing with next month.  

Check out all the fun orange projects posted at Soscrappy.  

19 comments:

Nell's Quilts said...

Good to see you back. Good luck with the catching up.

Deb A said...

Good luck with the catch up. Pretty butterfly and I just love the new header of blocks.

Val's Quilting Studio said...

I love your bandana orange fabric! ANd that butterfly is adorable! I have no idea what the EQ does....so must check that out! I'll be catching up myself this morning...

Julie in GA said...

It's good to see you back on the RSC.
Great orange blocks, and your Inverted Stars in the header look amazing together!

make.share.give said...

Love all your orange work. Your inverted stars all together is just what I've been waiting for. So pretty!

Sheila said...

Glad to see you back. Beautiful orange blocks. Think I'm ready for another color : )

Karen said...

Lovely orange blocks. The butterfly block is adorable.

scraphappy said...

Great butterfly block. Really love your header though. Beautiful!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Great job catching up! Love the saturated colors in your blocks!

Mystic Quilter said...

Your two top blocks for the sampler show the wide range of orange I think my favourite is Bear Paw - but your butterfly block is a cutie.

Shay said...

Love that you used a bandana print in one of those blocks. It looks fantastic. Glad you got some quality sewing time in too.

Dasha said...

The inverted stars in our banner are fantastic. Great work. Nice bunch of blocks you made up for this month too.

LA Paylor said...

your oranges are so happy. LeeAnna at not afraid of color

Sandy Panagos said...

Gotta love those mental health days!

Barbara said...

Your blocks look good. As of October, I will be three months behind!

Larri said...

The orange is a nice addition! Glad you were able to take a day for yourself and do something you love.

Quiltdivajulie said...

One thing at a time ... This is supposed to be fun, too!!

I am a BIG fan of mental health days!!!!!!!

Cathy said...

Love your oranges. Welcome back. I think I need one or two of those mental health days! Hope it helped!!

Kate said...

Hey! You have my favorite orange scrappy bit too! (In the pinwheel-ish block.)