Sunday, August 24, 2014

Stash Report - Week 34 of 2014

We've been hanging out with family this weekend.  My mother-in-law was diagnosed with terminal cancer earlier this month so we are trying to spend time with her as often as possible.  She's doing really well and looks better than she has in a long while.  Drama Teen sat with her for a long while and asked her questions about her life.  It was fun to hear the stories and my MIL certainly seemed to enjoy sharing them.  So it's been a good visit.

It certainly seemed like we had a lot going on this week so I didn't spend much time in the sewing room.  Unfortunately there was time to push a few buttons on my computer.  The Fat Quarter Shop had a fabric in one of their flash sales that would make the perfect backing for Scrappy Stars.  


Durham Quilt Revival Pink Blooms

This alone would not have been so bad, but I had been lusting after Midnight by Quilting Treasures. 

Midnight by Quilting Treasures

I had to order a few yards of my two favorite fabrics from that line.  No plans for this, but I'm sure it will get used at some point. 

So here's the damage:

Used last week: 0.72 yards
Added last week:  14 yards

Used in 2014: 18.61 yards
Added in 2014: 316.3 yards

Net stashed in 2014:  297.69 yards

Next week won't look much better as I'm planning on buying a few pieces to go along with the Butterfly Panel that came home earlier this year.  I just don't have all the bright colors I want to use in my stash.  

See all the other stash reports over at Patchwork Times.  

3 comments:

DeeDee said...

I made a spring break quilt years ago and your's is the only other one I have seen - I really like the fabrics you used.

Sorry to hear about your MIL. It is really special for DT to learn of her grandma's life, sounds as though they both enjoyed their time together.

Your new fabrics are great - Love the blues.

Shay said...

Maybe your MIL could write down some of her other memories for DT. My grandmother did that for me and I treasure it so much.

Obviously you NEEDED all the things you bought. Stash enhancement fabric is never really wasted - its just waiting for the right project to come along.

Jennifer said...

Sorry to hear about the diagnosis for your MIL, but nice to hear about the time you and your family are spending with her. Hope you're able to find some time with fabric this week (whether bringing it in or using it up!).