Thursday, May 1, 2014

May UFO Progress

It's the beginning of a new month so Lynne over at Never Too Hot to Stitch has her monthly linky party for the Something Old, Something New challenge



Never too hot to Stitch!



Not that I really have much to post in terms of progress for the month of April.  Jigsaw grew by a few blocks. 


 Jigsaw
pattern by Alyssa Clancy for Lehmann Quilting


I didn't start anything new this month.  With so many WIPs and UFOs, I don't really have space for a NewFO this month.  

I'm hoping that May is a better month.  I was doing really well this week until I came down with a cold Tuesday night.  After two days of pretty much round the clock napping, I'm finally feeling better this evening.  

What are my plans for May?  I do hope to finish Jigsaw and get it shipped out for quilting.  I'm not planning to start anything new in May.  Once Jigsaw is done, I'd like to move on to Scrappy Stars.


 Scrappy Stars
Pattern is Folk Art Christmas Stars
by Robyn Pandolph

All the stars are made, I just need to cut the plain squares and setting triangles, then sew the rows together.  This is my oldest UFO, so it would be nice to get if off the list.  

Those are my plans for May.  Hopefully things will slow down enough to let me make a bit of progress in the next 3 weeks.  

5 comments:

libbyquilter said...

i always enjoy seeing the jigsaw piece and any progress that you make on it.

the stars piece is going to be a fun one to watch you make progress on as well.

sounds like you needed that rest and i'm glad to hear that you are feeling a bit better than you were.

:-)
libbyQ

Shay said...

I got to the point at the end of last year I simply couldn't justify starting anything new since I had so many things laying round unfinished. Sounds like you are focusing on finishes for May - and that is a good thing because we get to see Jigsaw in all it's beauty!

thea said...

I'm looking forward to seeing jigsaw finished up. It is really beautiful!

Lynne said...

Love the jigsaw, it makes me smile every time I see it! Winter has hit early here with snow about six weeks before it usually arrives in alpine areas! It was freezing here today in our new house. We have turned the air-con on for the first time so I'm finally beginning to thaw out. My heart has turned towards the plight of the homeless and I've found my knitting mojo again! I hope to get my sewing room in order soon so that I can do more than participate in classes!

Wendy said...

the jigsaw quilt is lovely! Look forward to seeing it done.