Monday, November 18, 2013

Monday Design Wall - November 18th

This week is off to a rocky start.  Drama Teen woke us up at about 1:30 this morning with some type of stomach virus.  She's been throwing up and is running a slight fever.  We'll have to see how she's feeling when it's time to get her up for school, but I'm pretty sure she's probably not making it in today.

It was a nice weekend otherwise.  We did some much needed cleaning in Drama Teen's living space.  We still need to tackle her closet, but I think we'll wait till Christmas break to do that.  Even so I still got in a solid evening of stitching on Saturday and then was able to stitch most of Sunday afternoon.  The bits and pieces I've been working on the last few weeks finally amounted to changes you can actually see on the design wall.  All the 8.5" Log Cabin Blocks for Back to Square One are done and clue 9 was finished off by adding another border to that project.  


Back to Square One
by Judy Laquidara (pattern available here)

It's almost too big for the design wall.  Next are the star blocks that go with all those Log Cabins. 

Back in September I started a Scrappy Trip Around the World block, which I didn't like.  So I decided make a few more blocks using a controlled palette of green, yellow, and purple. 


Scrappy Trip Around the World
from Bonnie Hunter's Tutorial
(which can be found here)

I like this much better, so I'm going to make a two more and see how that goes.  I've only got one yard of that dark green.  If I like the resulting set of 4 blocks, I'll make blocks till I've used up the green.  That should give me enough blocks to make at least a throw sized quilt.  

Only two new puzzle pieces made it to the design wall for the Jigsaw quilt. 


Jigsaw
pattern by Alyssa Clancy for Lehmann Quilting

So this one is coming along, just not as fast as I'd like.  This week isn't nearly as crazy as last week was schedule wise, so hopefully there will be more time to stitch.  

That's what is up on my design walls.  To see more of design wall Monday, check out Patchwork Times.  

7 comments:

Gari in AL said...

Your design wall is really interesting. I especially like the jigsaw blocks: I have never seen those before. And the Back To Square One is turning out beautifully.

AnnieO said...

Poor DT! Her tummy has had a rough month!
Congrats on making progress during a busy week-- I like what's going on !

Angie in SoCal said...

Sorry to hear about Drama Teen's illness - hope she is better sooner. All you stitching work is great - so colorful. Really like that Back to Square one.

Shay said...

Hope DT is feeling better. A day off school was probably just the ticket really because its no fun throwing up.

I really like the purple and yellow blocks.

Sue Daurio said...

I love the colors of your back to square one quilt, just beautiful!!! Those log cabins are really striking!

Dar said...

I like all of your quilting projects. The BTQ1 is looking beautiful, your puzzle blocks look like fun and I really like your scrappy TAtW blocks. I want to make some of these with lots of my scraps on day.

Lynne said...

The Back To Square One quilt is looking so good, I love your colour choices. Did you not like your Scrappy Trip Around the World because of the colours? Sometimes my scrappy quilts look terrible at the beginning but somehow they work out all right at the end! I like your limited colour palette blocks.