Sunday, October 27, 2013

Stash Report - Week 43 of 2013

It was a hectic week, but we've had a lazy weekend so far.  Dress clothes shopping was on mine and Drama Teen's schedule yesterday.  She's part of the school newspaper staff and they have a workshop/competition at one of the major universities in the state the first week in November.  Professional attire is required.  Since DT lives in jeans, prefers to wear only  t-shirts, owns only tennis shoes and outgrew the slacks we bought before she went to state science fair last year, a shopping trip was pretty much mandatory. Thankfully we found all she needed at one store.  She has little patience with clothes shopping, one session in the dressing room is all I usually get out of her per expedition.  So I grab and make exchanges on the fly, because if she leaves the dressing room, we're done. 

Not a lot of stitching this week.  What time that was spent in the sewing room was spent refining the fabric selection for Drama Teen's new quilt.  She wants a rainbow of colors that morph into each other for this quilt.  After several refinements, we got something that looked right using just my stash fabrics.  Which is good because my busy fingers pushed a lot of buttons last week.  So what fun packages did I get this week?  Connecting Threads had a fabric sale last week, so I ordered large cuts of three tone on tones because I never seem to have enough large pieces for projects. 

  
Then Craftsy had a sale last week and Moda's line of Midwinter Reds was on sale.  I'd been eyeing that collection since it came out.  I finally just broke down and ordered it.  


In addition to the fat quarters, I bought some yardage of  red, tan and beige.  I'm not sorry for the purchases.  Stashes need to be refreshed.  I've used more this year than I've used any of the previous three years.  I already have a pattern in mind for the Midwinter Reds, so hopefully, they won't stay in the stash for long.  So whats the damage?  It's not pretty.  

Used last week: 0.19 yards
Added last week:  40.5 yards

Used for 2013:  60.26 yards
Added for 2013:  198.33 yards

Net stashed for 2013: 138.07 yards

So much for my goal to keep the net stashed to under 100 yards.  I'll make some gains on that before the end of the year, but using more then 38 yards in the next two months isn't real likely.  

That's it for my stash report.  For more fab fabric reports, check out Patchwork Times.  

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the colors! I too have a need for yardage of fabric rather than fat quarters. However the fat quarters do quell the need to purchase more. :) And I'm happy you are not feeling guilty about the purchases. I've been eyeing that line as well. ~Melanie

Julie in GA said...

Those are some beautiful fabrics you got. I love the red grouping. No need to feel guilty about replenishing your stash.

Kevin the Quilter said...

My niece has the exact disdain for shopping as your DT! I don't get it? I thought girls their age LOVE to shop? Are times changing? I love that midwinter reds collection too! Can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve for using this line of fabric!

thea said...

I love the red and white. Beautiful fabrics!

Beth in MN said...

Good thing I didn't see that red bundle. I might have been tempted. Great bundle. Hugs,