Sunday, March 10, 2013

Stash Report - Week 10

It's been a busy week, with a lot of it spent away from the sewing machine.  Monday evening Drama Teen competed in Battle of the Books, her school took second.  Thursday morning, DT and I headed out with her science teacher and two other students to the State Science Fair.  She didn't place or win any special awards, but this is the second year in a row that her project was selected to go, which is still a pretty special achievement.  Still, DT was a bit disappointed.   Friday night we drove from Ada, OK to Springfield, MO for a volleyball tournament yesterday.  Then we drove home in the rain last night.  Thankfully, that's the busiest weekend we have on the schedule.  We have more volleyball, but nothing else where we have so much in one week.  

Some sewing got done, but not a lot.  I did have some embroidery work that got pulled out for the road trip, but that doesn't use any fabric.  

Used last week:  0.44 yards
Added last week:  11 yards

Used for 2013:  14.41 yards
Added for 2013:  31.75 yards

Net Stashed for 2013:  17.34 yards

More in than out again this week.  I did take advantage of the trip to Ada to visit The Santa Fe Dept Quilt Shop and came home with a few fat quarters.


That's only a yard and a half.  The other 9 and a half yards came from another Connecting Threads order.


The subtle tone on tone stripe and the dark grey geometric go with the Neutral Love fabrics that were reported last week.  After looking at a few quilt patterns I might want to make with that fabric, I realized I needed a bit more contrast, so ordered those two.  On the far right is 6 yards of a tone on tone white.  I've been using a lot of whites in my projects lately and have pretty much depleted that resource in the stash.  A couple yards of that white were in the last order.  I like the feel of the fabric and Connecting Threads prices are low enough that you can get 6 yards of something without spending a small fortune.  After the last two weeks I definitely need to get back to the sewing room so I can tip the balance back to the black.  

That's my report for this week.  For more of the same, check out all the other reports over at Patchwork Times.  

7 comments:

DeeDee said...

I remember the days of school activities - they always seemed never ending. I agree with you about Connecting Threads fabric, plus they are made in the USA. Hope you are able to squeeze in some quilting time this week.

Keep Stitchin' said...

Sometimes everything else gets in the way of a little time in the sewing room. I've definitely had plenty of times like that in my life! What's nice is that once you get back in there you typically feel pretty motivated to work on things!
I like CT fabrics too. I had to order some threads from there for work recently and added a couple of half yard cuts from some material on clearance; I also managed to snag free shipping from an ad with a code in it in a quilt magazine! Bonus!

Shay said...

I really like those neutrals. Some weeks are about stash enhancement and some are about using it up. It's still pretty early in the year so you have plenty of time to get back in the black.

AnnieO said...

Pretty busy week for sure! Definitely a good thing to stock up at a nice quilt shop now and then. I have not ordered from Connecting Threads but have read many satisfied customer comments around blogland. Neutrals are hard for me, I always want color!

thea said...

you were certainly all over the place this weekend. You picked up some very nice fabrics.

make.share.give said...

The dark gray plaid is so pretty.

Beth in MN said...

Nice stash enhancement. The grey geometric and the bright green are great. There are times when a busy life gets in the way, but they are sometimes too soon gone! I use CT threads all the time. Haven't used much of their fabric yet but have some.