Being home has made it easy to spend time in the sewing room. I've been doing quite a bit of stitching. I've been working steadily on 5 projects the last week or so. No finishes, but I've made the binding and trimmed up the Evening Star quilt so it's ready to have it sewn on. I hope to get to that today. So I should have my first finish of the year in the next couple of weeks. Overall it's been a good week for stash busting.
Used last week: 1.33 yards
Added last week: 2 yards
Used for 2013: 12.09 yards
Added for 2013: 3.75 yards
Net busted for 2013: 8.34 yards
The 2 yards added are for a specific project. I had pulled fabric to participate in Patchwork Time's "Back to Square One" quilt along. But when I started prepping the fabric for cutting, realized I had misread the fabric amounts and didn't have enough of any dark purple in my stash to substitute for what I had pulled originally.
So I ordered two yards of this purple:
I think it's going to work just as well as the original purple I had planned to use. I'm almost 2 months behind on the quilt along, but hopefully I'll have a chance to catch up next month.
Next week won't be as nice because I pushed a few buttons this week. But if I can get all the borders on The Sofa Quilt, I may just have another back pieced so that I can at least stay in the black.
For more stash stories, check out Patchwork Times.