Friday, February 22, 2013

Favorite Things Friday

It's been a long week, so I'm so glad to see Friday arrive.  Work has been busy, but things at home have been a bit calmer.  That's my favorite thing this week, having some down time.




No volleyball tournaments for 3 weekends in a row.  Which means I can sleep in a bit because we don't have to be out the door before dawn.  Drama Teen doesn't have anything else going during the week, other than volleyball practice. Which means I can actually wrangle more than 15 minutes in the sewing room each evening.  Laundry is under control, I can see the top of the dining room table, the bills are all paid and mailed.  All advantages of having a weekend at home last weekend.  




Early March is going to be really hectic.  So I'm planning on enjoying the next 2 weekends and making the most of the down time by being in my sewing room as much as possible.  That's definitely a favorite thing.  

Cruise over to Quilting in My Pyjamas for more fun favorites.   

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Hope you enjoy your down time! Hope to see lots of pictures of what you make.

thea said...

One of my favorites too. When I have a busy time (like with my grandsons into the late evening), I realize how much I need the downtime. I hope these few weeks can be productive, but if not productive, restful.

Marg said...

That's a really good favourite. Having a break from the usual hectic weekends makes you appreciate downtime all the more. Hope you get to spend the time doing exactly what you want to do.

seabreezequilts said...

Got to love a bit of down time and its great just to be able to catch up. We didn't have to do Tennis this weekend, Squid had a bye and Maestro was battling a bad sore throat so we pulled him out this weekend. They go into finals next week so it won't hurt and his team was on top.

seabreezequilts said...

Got to love a bit of down time and its great just to be able to catch up. We didn't have to do Tennis this weekend, Squid had a bye and Maestro was battling a bad sore throat so we pulled him out this weekend. They go into finals next week so it won't hurt and his team was on top.

Shay said...

Isnt it amazing how much more in control you feel when all of that background stuff like washing and bills and house cleaning is done !

Down time is a particular favourite of mine too!

Helsie said...

It all sounds good to me.

libbyquilter said...

i love the sepia tones in these photos~!!~

i hope that your weekend is as restful as you had hoped.

:-)
libbyQ

Marti said...

Wow, you are really on top of things. I've been working on the paper mountain but it is still getting the best of me.