Friday, January 18, 2013

Favorite Things Friday - Good Eats

Whoohoo! It's Friday and I'm off work today!  I'm going to spend some quality time in the sewing room this morning, then Drama Teen and I will indulge in some fun retail therapy this afternoon. Hard to get more a more perfect day then that.  To top it off, we'll be picking My Guy up from the airport and then going out for dinner.  So a full, but fun day should be the result.  

Another fun thing going on today is Favorite Things Friday over at Quilting in my Pyjamas.  Shay was on hiatus for the last part of 2012, so I thought I had stored up a whole bunch of FTFs.  But I guess old age is creeping in, I couldn't remember a one of them once the typing started.  Thankfully the photo files saved me.  After a quick flip through the files, I came across this one.  


Drama Teen loves smores.  A couple of years ago we were in Fayetteville, AR for a swim meet and we decided to try a Mongolian restaurant called Hu Hot.  You pick the components of your meal and the guys grill it in front of you.  It's pretty tasty, but the favorite part of any meal there is the dessert.  


We challenge each other to see who can get the brownest marshmallow without catching it on fire.  You have to be really patient to do that.  Drama Teen rarely wins, she's more interested in eating them. 


Yumm!  

That's it for me this week.  Hope you'll check out all the other favorite things over at Quilting in my Pyjamas.  

7 comments:

Marti said...

S'mores at a Mongolian Grill? All they have here is ice cream. I'd much rather have chocolate. ;)

Lynne said...

She looks like she's enjoying it! We don't have Smores in Australia! And I've never seen a Mongolian restaurant either -- but then, I do live out in he suburbs where the multi-cultural population is pretty small!

Shay said...

I hope you’ve had a wonderful day off Kate. Bonus work free days are always the best days !

LOVE Mongolian food ...and the idea of toasting marshmallows at a Mongolian restaurant really tickles my fancy. I keep hearing about smores ...I really think Im going to have to make my own graham crackers so I can give some Aussie style smores a go ...

I haven’t seen a picture of DT in a while. I think she has actually crossed the line between kid-dom and young adulthood. She’s beautiful!

seabreezequilts said...

Went to a Mongolian restaurant years ago, I am sure it wouldn't be DH's thing he doesn't like flavour in his food. I did the same was sure I would have a gazzilion FTF and couldn't think up one last week.

Michelle Ridgway said...

I love Mongolian food cooked that way. Smores look like they go down a treat...hadn't heard of them before. I hope you enjoyed your day off.

thea said...

Not a smores fan here, but making them over a flame like that would be fun. same with me on the FTFs, I'm still looking for mine today ... I only have a few more hours.

Linda said...

Yum, yum, I love smores! It looks like she's enjoying it!