Monday, January 14, 2013

Design Wall Monday - January 14th

It was another volleyball weekend, this one out of town.  So not much going on in the sewing room this weekend.  Though we did get home early enough for me to spend some time playing in the sewing room a bit last night.  I wanted to get the first block of Calico Cats made, I didn't quite get there.  


Calico Cats
Pattern is Fat Cats from the

The Quilter Magazine (July 2006)
by Lucy A. Fazely and Micheal L. Burns

I had to do a bit of unsewing at the start.  The cat blocks reverse every other block, which means you have to be careful to get the corner pieces added to the right corner.  Hopefully I'll be able to finish the first block tonight.  

What else is up on the design wall?  A couple more blocks of the QOV project, Mon Ami, have made their way to the design wall.


Mon Ami
Pattern by Miss Rosie's Quilt Company

Scrappy Stars is still up on the design wall, but it doesn't look that much different than it did a couple of weeks ago.  

Slow progress, but at least it's still progress.  That's it for me this week. Check out all the other eye candy over at Patchwork Times.  

13 comments:

Lynne said...

I love the rich blue background you are using for your cat.

Kate said...

Love the kitty! I had to do a bit of unsewing on my first set, too. Part of the fun of a new pattern!

Lois (AKA Onnie) said...

I've done the cat block except no bow tie. In fact, I have a bazillion of them made and they need to go together!! I like the bow tie, but mine will remain plain!

Chris said...

Progress is progress :) I love the colors in the Mon Ami. I have a soft spot for Americana colors.

Rhonda said...

I think you are doing a great job. Sometimes things can slow you down but in the end as Chris said, progress is progress!!
Take care.

Carol said...

I love the pattern and fabrics you've chosen for your Quilt of Valor. I'm hoping to get started on one this month but haven't decided on a pattern yet.

Shay said...

Mon Ami is stunning ! I love those colours .

Sorry about the unsewing...that's horrible when you have to do that at the start!

thea said...

I'm really liking calico cats.

Kevin the Quilter said...

Lovin' the scrappy stars. Is this going to be a QOV?

Marg said...

You're right, at least it's progress.
Love those red white and blue stars and the cat blocks are going to be really cute.

AnnieO said...

Yay for getting some time in the sewing room! The cat is really cute, and your star blocks nice and crisp. You're doing great :)

krisgray said...

Slow and steady wins the race! Love the blue in your fat cats - neat pattern.

Denise :) said...

So, ummmmm....how long does the volleyball season last?! Sorry your cats had to have some unsewing right off the bat. The Mon Ami project is looking great! : )