Tuesday, December 18, 2012

15 Minute Challenge - December 18th

One week till Christmas!  Can you believe it?  I certainly can't. There is still a lot around this house that needs to happen before we are ready to celebrate.  Thankfully this is my last day at work for the year.  Even so, the rest of the week will be busy.  Tomorrow is Drama Teen's school party, most of the work for it is done.  DT and I have been invited to a girl's night out on Wednesday evening.  Then Thursday is the volleyball team's Christmas party.  Plus My Guy should be home tomorrow evening.  I really do hope by Friday to have all the shopping done, plus have it all wrapped so I can enjoy the weekend.

In spite of all the goings on last week, I did pretty well at finding time to work in the sewing room.  Some nights it was just 15 minutes.  Even with so little time in the sewing room some nights, Evening Star lacks just one long seam of being a completed flimsy and I've finished one more coffee cup block


It's amazing how a little disgust can motivate you.  After managing only 2 days in the sewing room last week, this week I managed 6.  As I said some nights it was just 15 minutes right before bed, but it made a world of difference. 

Since next Tuesday is Christmas, let's take a break from the 15 Minute Challenge.  There will not be a post next Tuesday.  You can either take a week off the challenge or just report for two weeks on the January 1st post.  I'll be doing a bit of updating for the 15 Minute Challenge between now and then.  Look for a new button in the next week or so, the current one has been in use for 2 years, so it's time for an update.  Posts will continue to be on Tuesday in 2013 to avoid some of the more popular linky parties on the weekend and Mondays.  

With holiday prep well underway, it gets harder to find time for even just a bit of sewing.  How did you do last week at finding a few minutes to sew each day?  Were you madly trying to finish Christmas gifts?  Or did you slack off since there was so many other things on your plate?  




1. Lesley

2. Kate

3. Amanda

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

7 comments:

Kate said...

Woo! One more Evening Star seam! I only did about two days worth of 15 minutes this week, and I hear you on the disgust. A break will give me a chance to get everything in place (once the Christmas sewing is done) and have the sewing room organized for the new year.

Lynne said...

I have way too much going on and am too tired to sew but sew I must. Tomorrow I want to finish my Christmas wall hanging so I can hang it before my guests arrive on 29th!

lesleyworth said...

I was definitely one trying to madly finish Christmas gifts! But I had so much fun! Looking forward to carrying on with the challenge in the new year, this has definitely been a motivation for me on those days where I "want" to sew, but just don't feel I have time. 15 minutes is a can-do thing! Have a very Merry Christmas!!!

Keep Stitchin' said...

Oh boy, I am soooo behind on reading blogs! Just wanted to be sure to wish you and your family a wonderful Christmas! I know you've been super busy, but I hope you get to enjoy some of it now that you're finished with work for the year!
Your coffee/mug quilt is soo cute! I just love it! I haven't made any Christmas gifts (yet anyway), but I did rearrange my sewing room recently and am feeling a bit more ambitious to actually sew instead of machine quilt, but there's still a lot going on here, so we'll see what happens! Merry Christmas and a Blessed 2013 to you and your family! Trudy

seabreezequilts said...

I've been woeful this week, you did well though. Hope to finish xmas pressie shopping Thursday my BIL decided that we could shop for him for the kids, my husband's family does it to me every year. I thought that I had nipped it in the bud by doing my MIL's back when I did mine GRRRRR. Just have to buy the Turkey on the weekend and the veggies and we are done for lunch at our place.

thea said...

Good week .. hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

Pat said...

I may need to get back with your 15 min challenge after the new year. I'm having a hard time staying motivated. Hope you have a great week and happy holidays.