Sunday, July 1, 2012

Stash Report - July 1st

It's been a nice slow weekend so far.  Drama Teen and I cleaned out part of her closet yesterday.  We've not done that for two or three  years and it's amazing how much she has changed in those years.  She was more than willling to part with the Spider Man arcade game and other favorite toys of her childhood.  However, all the stuffed animals had to stay.  Even so, she can now hang all of her clothes in the closet with room to spare.  The toy bins stacked behind the couch are on tap for this morning.  By the end of next weekend, I'm hoping to have recovered my living room out of the play room it's been since DT was born. 

In spite of the recent decluttering effort (we are slowly working our way through the whole house), I did get some significant sewing in yesterday.  Most of my effort this weekend focused on finishing the first 72 flying geese for the Sofa Quilt quilt along.  Only 4 more of those to make.  I just gave out at 10:30 last night and couldn't make myself finish those last 4.  I'll get to those this afternoon.  Flying geese are small, but even a little out is welcome. 

Used last week: 0.67 yards
Added last week:  0 yards

Used for 2012:  20.77 yards
Added for 2012:  169.5 yards

Net stashed for 2012:  148.73 yards

Nothing in this week, but that won't be true for next week.  Hancock's put some new fabrics on sale, so I bought a few yards of tone on tones, plus backing fabric for the Sofa Quilt.  It's hard to resist when the prices are less than $5 a yard, especially if you are looking for backs.  

I get two days off for the 4th of July holiday and decided to take my 19/30 day on Friday.  Next weekend will be a 5 day one for me.  I have plans to make a back and bind a quilt.  Maybe I'll use enough to offset what's coming in. 

That's the status of my stash for this week.  Hop over to Patchwork Times for more.   

9 comments:

Denise in PA said...

Ah, the big clean out! I am doing the same thing in my house. I cannot tell you how much I've thrown out/donated (mostly books and clothes so far) already and I've just scratched the surface!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

So when you are finished with yours, do you want to start on my house??? Tee hee

Barbara said...

Decluttering. That's what I need to do. I got a good start last spring, but then petered out. Maybe I'll get inspired again some time.

Lori in South Dakota said...

Are you R/W/B stars made using the book "Magic Stars"??

decluttering--nah--I like most my clutter. I'll cheer you on!

Shay said...

Feel free to pop on over to my house if you finish yours.

Im not going to Hancocks. Im being so good at the moment with not buying quilty stuff. But feel free to go mad with your purchases and show them here so I can live vicariously through you!

Lynne said...

Ah, de- cluttering, a time consuming but worthwhile activity!

Teresa in Music City said...

I just love your RWB Stars!!! Awesome color play :*) I know exactly what you mean about getting fabric at good prices while you can - good job!!!

Kate said...

It's hard to resist sale prices! And decluttering, ah. I'm so ready to do that!

AnnieO said...

I like your patriotic new header, Kate!

It does take time but a cleanout every few years is such a good thing. Glad your home is getting more grown up--my youngest DD (22) still has an underbed storage box full of stuffed animals, and all her Breyer horses stored away :)