Sunday, May 6, 2012

Stash Report - May 6th

The sinus crud returned with a vengeance Friday night.  I woke up Saturday to a low grade fever and no voice beyond a whisper.  So the bulk of Saturday was spent in bed reading or sleeping.  The fever is gone this morning, but I still have no voice.  I did get a bit of sewing done late in the evening and inched up the "out" numbers just a bit.  This week isn't as stellar as last week, but the numbers are better than they have been. 

Used last week: 1.57 yards
Added last week: 0 yards

Used for 2012: 14.91 yards
Added for 2012: 142 yards

Net stashed for 2012:  127.09 yards

Unfortunately, I pressed a few buttons this week and ordered some sale batiks from Hancocks.  So those will likely have to go on next week's report.  I may have to do another fabric diet next year, but for now I'll just enjoy playing with all the new stuff. 

That's it for this week.  I'm linking up with Judy over at Patchwork Times as usual. 

6 comments:

scraphappy said...

Sorry to hear you are feeling under the weather. Sales are so tempting for getting new fabric. Hopefully you will use it soon and avoid the guilt.

SpinningStar said...

Sorry to hear about the return of the crud - but with all the rain in your part of the state, I'm sure the mold count is going sky high along with all of the pollen.

Batiks - wonderful stash builder. Ya gotta get them while you can. I hope you're building your stash across colors. I have a bunch of batiks, but when I pulled them out for a project, they were mostly in the same color range (blues and greens) and tone (a muddy tone, not a clear bright tone). I had to go out and get more batiks to fill in the gaps.

Have a great week and get better!

liz

DeeDee said...

Glad you're felling better to get in a bit of quilting. I think Batiks are great and look wonderful in quilts.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Pushing the buttons was you *work* for the week ;-) Sorry you are not feeling well, hope you get your voice back soon!

krisgray said...

Hope you feel better soon! I love batiks, too. It is so hard not to order with all these sales going in atm!!

Shay said...

If I lost my voice people would be doing the happy dance. Im sorry you lost yours though and hope you find it again soon. It may be time for some heavy duty antibitotics!

You keep buying Kate. It's making me feel better !