I live in Oklahoma, a state known for it's spring tornado season. Which I've learned to deal with. Last night we had a 5.6 earthquake which was really, really freaky. My sewing room is on the second floor and it was really weird and just a tad scary to have all that swaying going on for what seemed like forever. I haven't turned on the TV this morning, but from what the local news stations have posted on line, there are reports of significant damage near the central part of the state. Not exactly the type of excitement I was looking for this weekend.
I was sewing last night when the quake hit (again it was a really, really strange sensation). Still I did manage to finish up 6 blocks for the Geisha quilt last night. I had also made the binding for the Flurry quilt and another 3 Geisha blocks earlier in the week. So I have a bit going out this week.
Used this week: 1.31 yards
Added this week: 0 yards
Used year to date: 49.98
Added year to date: 60.25 yards
Net stashed for 2011: 10.27 yards.
Over 1 yard out is a good week for me. Nothing in helps the stash numbers too. Another milestone was passed this week. I've used more fabric year to date than I used all last year. With 7 more weeks in the year and at least one more quilt back that will get made, I should manage a bit more than 50 yards out this year. To get back to the black, I need to hit over 60 yards out. That's doable I think.
We are getting down to the wire in terms of years end. To see how close others are to their stash management objectives, check out Patchwork Times.