Saturday, August 20, 2011

Foto Finish - Things in the City

It's Saturday.  The day of the week usually reserved for laundry and housework, both of which I'll get to in a bit. Or maybe I'll be a complete slacker on that front and go sew.  There's always tomorrow, the laundry and housework definitely aren't going anywhere. 

It's also time for the Foto Finish post.  I've been sitting in the recliner drinking my coffee while looking for a shot that fits this week's theme of "Things in the City".   This picture from our trip to Washington state in 2009 seems to fit the bill. 


This fountain was in the courtyard next to the hotel we stayed in the first night we were in Seattle. (Actually this was across the bay in Bremerton, which is a long story all it's own).  This fountain changes it's pulse pattern, water flow and color.  It fascinated us for quite a while.  We just sat outside and watched it. Not a bad way to wind down after flying half way across the US and navigating Seattle (We never did figure out the ferry system.)

Enjoy your weekend.  I'm hoping too.  Check out other things in the city over at Cat Patches

5 comments:

Shay said...

I love watching fountains ...there's something almost mesmerising about them.

I love how the light plays on the water in your picture too. It looks so pretty.

Here's hoping your Saturday holds fun and creative play in addition to the housework !

quiltzyx said...

What wonderful colors on the water! I can watch fountains for hours on end. You did a great job catching this one. :D

quiltzyx said...

What wonderful colors on the water! I can watch fountains for hours on end. You did a great job catching this one. :D

Barbara said...

I love this image. Great job capturing the colors.

Pat said...

I agree with the others. I love to watch fountains. The colors make it especially interesting. Great photo!