Saturday, May 28, 2011

Foto Finish - My Mother's Garden

Before I get to Foto Finish this week, I wanted to thank all of you for the prayers and best wishes sent yesterday for my brother.  My Mom reported yesterday that he's pretty much back to his normal growling bear self. All indications are that he'll be released from the hospital this morning.  The doctors expect him to have a 100% recovery pretty quickly.  So it's all good news on that front. 

This week's Foto Finish is acutally supposed to be "My Garden".  Well, being the black thumb that I am, I don't even attempt a garden.  So I pulled an image from my Mom's garden. 




I'm not sure what kind of flower this is, but Mom has an abundance of them every year.   Her back yard is full of color and I love to sit out on the back porch in the summer and just take it all in.  

If you want to see more garden grandeur, click on over to Cat Patches.  

9 comments:

Pat said...

Great photo! Very pretty flower. It looks like a raspberry in the middle.

Barbara said...

That's beautiful. I believe it's a zinnia, but I'm no expert. My best to your brother for a speedy recovery.

AnnieO said...

Great photo! I love flowers that are bright and cheerful like that one.

Glad your baby bro is expected to be 100% recovered! Scary hours, those in the hospital.

Maree said...

What a gorgeous photo. I love the colours and the clarity of the flower with the bokeh background.

Marg said...

Great photo, love the detail in the flower.
Glad to hear your brother is ok.

Shay said...

Im so glad to hear your brother is making a good recovery!

Im pretty sure you and I are long lost sisters since we both have the black thumb thing going on.

Your mother's flower is gorgeous. Kudos to you both - for growing such beauty and then to photograph it so wonderfully.

Lucky Duck Dreams said...

That is one gorgeous zinnia! They make great cutting and drying flowers!

Lynne said...

Glad tyo hear your brother is on the mend and is expected to make a full recovery.

Pretty flower - it's cold here heading into winter so thanks for the moment of cheery colour!

Anonymous said...

That's a great photo!! I love the colors and the texture that it shows. This is the first year I've had a really good flower garden, and I love the colors and smells.