Saturday, March 5, 2011

Foto Finish - Stripes

Last week's Foto Finish was dots, this week's is stripes.  In keeping with the nature theme from last week's post, here's my version of "stripes"




It always amazes me the colors and textures that show up in nature if you look for them.  I don't remember what plant this leaf is from, I'm not much of a gardener.  However,  my mother has this giant green thumb.  Her backyard is an oasis of greens and colors in the spring and summer.  When we visit during that time of year, Mom and I usually end up on her back porch.  As we talk, I'll start framing photos in my head.  I usually end up going back in for my camera, then we walk around the yard with me taking pictures and Mom doing some pruning or picking up while we continue our conversation.   I have a lot of pictures from Mom's garden, I hope they'll remind me of all the conversations since it's hard to capture those shared times in megabytes. 

That's it for me this week.  Check out Cat Patches to see what other stripes have been posted. 

7 comments:

Barbara said...

That is lovely, Kate. I love the way the light falls on this, and macro photography is my favorite. Great job with stripes.

Maree said...

What a stunning photo - love the colours. I too have taken numerous photos in my mothers glorious garden. It is a great way to spend time together.

Marg said...

Fabulous photo Kate, I love the patterns in leaves and the colours in this one are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I love this post. I can just see you and your mother enjoying each other, making memories. The leaf is cool, too.

Shay said...

I've said it before and I'll say it again - your photography skills knock my socks off.

Kim Blair said...

I too am a lover of stripes, I usually add them to the background in a still life painting. The reds and greens in your photo create a lovely complementary color combination. Very Strong!
Kim

quiltzyx said...

Love your use of the macro on this leaf - great stripes!!