Saturday, March 19, 2011

Foto Finish Saturday - Spring

This week got off to a cool start, but the last 3 days the temps have been in the high 70s.  The pink/purple blooms of the red buds are starting to add a hint of color to the drab woodlands.  If you look close you can see some of the trees have leaf buds starting to form.  I like taking photos in the spring because one of my most favorite subjects are flowers.  This week we were lucky enough to spend the better part of a day at the Garvan Woodland Gardens in Hot Springs, AR.  It's a beautiful place, well worth a visit if you are in the area.  I have about a third of a 4 GB photo card filled with photos of buds and new blooms.  It was hard to choose just one for today. 



The garden had several apple trees which were blooming.  I love the white with the hint of pink in the leaves.  When the Apple trees, the Redbuds, the Bradford Pear, and the Dogwood all start blooming that's a pretty sure sign spring is here. 

Hop over to Cat Patches to see other signs of spring. 

5 comments:

Barbara said...

The blooming trees are my favorite part of spring. I noticed the flowering cherries and the flowering plums when we drove into town the other day. Love 'em! The apple trees can't be far behind. (Now if the rain would stop, we might actually get some fruit.)

quiltzyx said...

Beautiful apple blossoms! They look so delicate...

I wouldn't complain if you posted more than one picture!

Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I just returned from Spring Break in AR and I agree, it's hard to choose just one. Actually, I wasn't able to!! LOL

The blossoms are beautiful!! Thanks for sharing these lovely flowers with us.

Maree said...

Beautiful image - so delicate. I also love photographing flowers.

Shay said...

I love blossoms . When our cherry tree blossoms it's just so beautiful. It's one of the few times I get inspired to wander out and take random pictures.

I'll live vicariously through your photography instead. Love this picture Kate.