Saturday, March 26, 2011

Foto Finish Saturday - Pink

It's a stormy Saturday morning where I'm at.  So it's a bit dreary. One of those days you'd just like to stay in bed or curl up with a good book in the recliner. (Or play hooky in your sewing room maybe?)  I'm glad Barb picked pink for this week's Foto Finish subject, I needed something to brighten up this damp morning.


We spent a week at Lake Chelan, WA a couple of years ago for vacation.  The resort we stayed at had gorgeous flowers all over the place.  My guy and I got up really early one morning to watch the sun rise over the lake and take a few pictures.  The early morning sun is great light for photographing the flowers, so we took a fair number of floral portraits that morning.  I know this image isn't strictly pink, but my thought when I choose it is that it has all the pink tints from red at the center to palest pink, almost white, at the tips.  

Check out the other pink Foto Finishes over at Cat Patches.

6 comments:

Barbara said...

This is gorgeous , Kate. Dahlias are my absolute favorite flowers. Never been to Lake Chelan, but it's on my list for sure. Sometimes the places close by are the hardest to find the time for.

Lucky Duck Dreams said...

I love the drops of dew glistening on thepetals!

Maree said...

Great shot. Love the range of pinks with the moisture on them.

Shay said...

I love the way the water is lgistening on the petals. Beautiful!

Keep Stitchin' said...

Beautiful! I hopw the weather brightens up for you.
Day one of our quilt show, we had more snow! It's cold here, but after the show was done for the day, the sun was out and shining like nothing happened!

quiltzyx said...

Amazing! The water drops just waiting to fall off the tips of the petals....
Thanks so much for sharing!