Thursday, March 31, 2011

Favorite Things Friday - March 31st

TGIF!!!! 

It's Friday down under, so it's time for Favorite Things Friday hosted by Shay over at Quilting in My Pyjamas.  This week my favorite thing became obvious while I was sitting waiting for kiddo to finish showering and dressing after swim practice (Which recently has become a pretty significant wait for some reason).  I was in the car and idly playing with my necklace while I listened to NPR on the radio.  The necklace I wore to work today is almost 20 years old, but it's one of my favorites. 




No it's not real gem stones, but I love the contrast of the red and white crystals. And it's so sparkly!   This is probably the loudest "bling" in my jewelry box.  

Then there is my favorite conservative gold necklace (which works both as a toy to reduce boredom and/or worry beads depending upon the meeting).  




Then there is the silver and gold necklace my sister gave me for Christmas one year.  It's a common default when I'm not quite awake and I don't want to contemplate if today's outfit needs gold or silver.   This one covers both bases.   




My most favorite necklace is the one that was my Grandmother's.



This isn't a great photo of it, you can't tell that this one just glitters in the light.   I wasn't able to attend my Grandmother's funeral, but Mom saved this necklace for me.   When I was a kid, my sister and I would spend hours playing with all of Grandma's "pretties".  I'm glad I have this one to remind me of those times. 

That's it for me this week.  What's your favorite thing?  Run over to Shay's and share it. 

8 comments:

Paulette said...

They're all so pretty. I think my favorite is the second one.

Michelle Ridgway said...

I love your heart I can understand why you love wearing it. All the other are very special too.

thea said...

What a wonderful FTF! Reminds me of my grandmother's charm bracelet.

Marg said...

A great FTF, they are al so pretty, I must say I love jewellery too but tend to wear the same things most days, even though I have a nice stash of jewellery.

Unknown said...

As I have aged, I usually wear something around my neck to hide or deter from wrinkles, or turkey neck as my brother calls it.
Love the sparkles on the jeweled pendant. Excellent post!

Shay said...

Kate your jewellery is beautiful. I bought my MIL a similar necklace to your ruby and crystal one a few years ago. Love the sparkles!

I thinks it's terrific you have one of your grandmothers necklaces. You can pass that on to kiddo!

I loved your FTF this week.

seabreezequilts said...

Lovely FTF, I have lots of necklaces and bracelets. Love a bit of bling. It is lovely when you have a piece of your past.

Sarcastic Quilter said...

They are all so pretty, I can see why they are favorites. Thanks for sharing.