My quilting mojo has deserted me this last week. Wednesday night I realized that I hadn't visited my sewing room in almost a week. Various reasons for that, but in general I've just been too tired from all the other "stuff" to make myself walk up the stairs to the sewing room. Consequently, not much progress on my stash reduction efforts this week.
Used this week: 0.09 yards
Added this week : 0 yards
Used year to date: 3.85 yards
Added year to date: 0 yards
Net Used for 2011: 3.85 yards
Fabric Budget: 10 yards for Jan to March
Bought/Budget: 0/10 yards
In order to reverse this "no sew" trend, I've challenged myself to spend 15 minutes in my sewing room every day till the end of the month. I'm reporting my progress for the previous day every morning on my blog. For some reason, having to put it out here for everyone to see makes me feel more accountable, so I'm more likely to follow through. That has definitely been the case for my stash management efforts. So here's my 15 Minute Challenge update for today.
Day three was yesterday and I did make it up to the sewing room for about an hour last night. The HSTs for block 11 of the Buck-A-Block quilt got sewn, cut apart and pressed in the first 15 to 20 minutes.
I also finished up another purple and yellow block from the leaders and enders project (that was my only fabric out this week).
Check out Judy's Patchwork Times for other marvelous stash management stories. Check in with me tomorrow to see if I found my 15 minutes of sewing time today.