Sunday, February 20, 2011

Stash Report and 15 Minute Challenge (Day 3) - Feb 20

My quilting mojo has deserted me this last week.   Wednesday night I realized that I hadn't visited my sewing room in almost a week.  Various reasons for that, but in general I've just been too tired from all the other "stuff" to make myself walk up the stairs to the sewing room.  Consequently, not much progress on my stash reduction efforts this week.   

Used this week:  0.09 yards
Added this week :  0 yards

Used year to date:  3.85 yards
Added year to date: 0 yards

Net Used for 2011: 3.85 yards

Fabric Budget:  10 yards for Jan to March
Bought/Budget:  0/10 yards

In order to reverse this "no sew" trend, I've challenged myself to spend 15 minutes in my sewing room every day till the end of the month.  I'm reporting my progress for the previous day every morning on my blog.  For some reason, having to put it out here for everyone to see makes me feel more accountable, so I'm more likely to follow through.  That has definitely been the case for my stash management efforts.  So here's my 15 Minute Challenge update for today. 

Day three was yesterday and I did make it up to the sewing room for about an hour last night. The HSTs for block 11 of the Buck-A-Block quilt got sewn, cut apart and pressed in the first 15 to 20 minutes. 



I also finished up another purple and yellow block from the leaders and enders project (that was my only fabric out this week). 

Check out Judy's Patchwork Times for other marvelous stash management stories.  Check in with me tomorrow to see if I found my 15 minutes of sewing time today.   

11 comments:

Katie Z. said...

I hope your mojo returns!

Kathie said...

The 15 minutes usually works great even if you spend the time winding bobbins for the next day or something small like that, it all adds up.

Shay said...

Dont be hard on yourself Kate - I think we all go through periods where competing priorities make getting to the sewing room tricky.

I bet being in the depths of winter isnt helping much either. I know in winter I just like to cuddle up with a blanket and read a good book. And eat chocolate ...

Lori said...

its awful when the mojo takes a break. It will come back.

Jo said...

I bet the 15 minutes a day will get you over the hump and back to loving it again.

SpinningStar said...

Your sewing mojo will come back - but I know how it feels not wanting to do things.

You have a good start on the 15 minutes/day goal. I'll check in on ya!

Thanks for checking up on me - last week I barely had enough juice to blog a line or two. Now, I feeling better and will join you in the sewing room!

Liz

Penny said...

15 minutes a day does work wonders. It also helps to see some progress made which motivates you more. I am proud of you.

Rabid Quilter from California said...

I bet you find you spend even more than 15 minutes in your sewing room on some days. But that's the point, isn't it? I know that Design Wall Mondays and the Stash Report make ME more accountable and willing to do my 'homework'!

Happy Quilting!

Julie said...

15 minutes a day will turn in to longer times - sometimes life gets in the way. Don't worry about it - quilting will come back full force and you'll smile! Maybe to be in the mood, have some handwork ready for downstairs! You'll be fine and back in the sewing groove soon! Hugs, Julie

Marti said...

Sometimes just organizing fabric inspires me to start working. I hope your 15 minutes inspires your mojo too.

Angie @ CraftedAngles said...

Great HST! You really can accomplish a lot in 15 minutes!


Angie - http://craftedangles.com