Saturday, February 5, 2011

Foto Finish Saturday - February 5th

It's Saturday!  No basketball games, no swim meets.  There is a school fund raiser tonight, but nothing else on the calendar!  It snowed a few inches last night.  And since the roads are still a bit treacherous, we're probably not going anywhere until we have to.  I'm so ready for a weekend at home!  Once I deal with some laundry, I should be able to spend some quality time in my sewing room. 

On to today's topic:  Foto Finish Saturday - Wiggles.  I had a hard time coming up with something for today.  Then I remembered our trip to the Painted Desert in Arizona and pulled this image out of the file. 


These petroglyphs are embossed on the sand stone monoliths known as The Newspaper.  As I was editing this picture for posting, I realized that the two squares reminded me of quilt blocks.  Not 9 patch, more like a 16 patch.  Maybe the artist was working out a design for a woven rug or blanket? 

Hop over to Cat Patch's to check out other wiggles and squiggles. 

4 comments:

Barbara said...

What a great choice for "wiggles," Kate! I love petroglyphs. It's been a long time since I've been to the painted desert, and then was just to drive through. Maybe we'll get back there this trip. I'd love to see this in person. Thanks for posting to Foto Finish.

Maree said...

Very interesting. being from the other side of he world I have never heard of the Painted Desert. I will have to google it.

quiltzyx said...

Great shots!
I think the 'guy' really is doing a wiggle dance!!!
Thanks for sharing....

Shay said...

Enjoy your largely free weekend Kate.

Interesting photo. It reminds me a lot of aboriginal cave paintings we have here. Is it old? It looks old. I'll have to google too!