Monday, February 21, 2011

Design Wall Monday - Feb 21st

It was a slower paced weekend at our house for a change.  We all needed to recharge a bit and got the chance yesterday.  I managed to eek out a solid 4 hours in my sewing room.  Part of that time was spent squaring up a quilt and making the binding.  I'll tackle sewing on the binding later this week.  There are two new blocks on the design wall.  Block 11 of the Buck-A-Block BOM is finished.  




Since block 9 of the Moose on the Porch Layer Cake Quilt Along is coming out tomorrow, block 8 needed to be finished.  




So day 4 of my self imposed challenge to spend 15 minutes in the sewing room the rest of the month was a success.  Tonight may be a challenge as Kiddo has a basketball game.  I have strips for block 12 of the Buck-A-Block BOM laid out, so maybe tonight I can get the squares and the Thangles cut out ready to be stitched.  

That's it for my design wall report this week.  Check out Judy's Patchwork Times to see other great projects.    

10 comments:

Kathie said...

Glad you got lots of sewing time in, very interesting fabrics in these.

Shay said...

I think if you dont manage 15 minutes tonight that's cool since you completely rocked it yesterday! I bet that feels good.

I dont think Ive seen the pattern in your layer cake block before. It's striking.

Helsie said...

Four solid hours!! I bet you feel really satisfied by that and I bet you really got a lot done too. I need everyone out of the house to really concentrate - and believe me I need to concentrate when I'm sewing!!
Keep up the good work!
Cheers
Helen

SpinningStar said...

Excellent! Glad you got the time into sewing. I'm sure you make it for some time today!
liz

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Wow - good for you to recharge! Love the 2 blocks!

Gari in AL said...

You sound a little like me, pushed but all the BOMs. But I really like the block and fabric you are using.

AnnieO said...

Your header pics are so pretty! Love pansies.

Sewing for hours at a time always recharges me too. Excellent progress happening here! I like the fabrics for the second BOM a lot.

Debbie said...

The Layer Cake Quilt Along sure is fun...I'm glad that it's every two weeks. It's amazing how a little time here and there adds up...just like a little block adds up to a quilt.

Lori said...

Mojo waxes and wanes. Sometimes just the planning of how to set blocks, or pulling fabric will bring it back. 15 minutes is a good idea.

Quilter Kathy said...

Love your layer cake block...I must get to sewing mine.