Monday, December 6, 2010

Design Wall Monday - December 6th

Between Christmas preparations and housework, there was just not much time for sewing this weekend.  The Christmas tree is up, lights and tinsel on but that's it.  Neither kiddo or I felt like dragging out all the ornaments last night. We'll finish it up this week.  How are your holiday preparations going? 

There are a few things up on the design wall, all works in progress.  Block 3 for the Layer Cake Quilt Along was finished Saturday night. 



I like all the blocks, but I'm not sure how they are all going to work when they are set together. 

The next block for my "leaders and enders" purple and yellow quilt is laid out, so I can grab and go when I get back to sewing.



Lastly, I made a start on the center block for the Seeing Stars BOM



I changed the color layout from the pattern and forgot to cut the 3 1/2" corner squares.  Maybe tonight. 

I'm still working on sewing the binding to the back of the mystery quilt from last year.  I only have 2 partial sides to go, so maybe I'll get that one done this week. 

What's up on your design wall?  Check out all the works in progress over at Judy's.

2 comments:

Shay said...

I think with BOMS it's hard to know what the whole thing will look like until it's finished. Im sure you'll find a way to make it look gorgeous.

I'm seeing stars in my future too...

Lovely projects Kate.

Quilter Kathy said...

I'm off to sew my basket! Your blocks are looking great!