Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 - A Review from the Quilters Perpsective

Happy New Year's Eve!   Are you staying in or going out to celebrate?  We'll stay in, eat cheese and crackers, drink some wine and hang out till midnight.  Kiddo has a sleep over tonight, so it will just be my guy and I.

How did we get to the last day of 2010?  I'm always amazed that another year has gone by.  It seems that time has sped up as I've gotten older, each year seems to pass faster then the year before.     My baby girl will turn 12 next week.  How did that happen?  When did my adorable Spiderman T-shirt clad toddler turn into this long legged, skinny jeans and boots attired pre-teen?  She'll probably pass her mother in height this next year, at least that's her goal for 2011! 

Looking back at the quilty part of my life, 2010 was a pretty good year. I met all but one of my goals.  So here's my "Annual Quilting Accomplishment Report" complete with graphics. 

Record number of quilts completed, 75% increase over previous best year. 


A 44% reduction in UFOs for the year.  Includes completion of the two oldest UFOs on the list.

*Red text indicates UFOs, defined as unfinished quilts over 1 year old. 
Stash reduction performance was poor, with over a 600% increase in stash yardage. 



Going forward, the goals for 2011 are on target to produce equal performance in both quilt completions and UFO reductions.  Stash management goals have been refined to address under performance in this area. 

I hope you enjoyed my tongue in cheek report on how my quilty life went in 2010.  How did you do on your 2010 quilting goals?  Are you willing to share the good, the bad and the ugly?  If so use Mr. Linky to share your highs and lows for 2010. 


6 comments:

Marg said...

I love your report. Brilliant! I think my stash management is a lot worse than yours.

Shay said...

I wish I could do graphs! Your post is way cooler than anything I could do report wise.

Congratulations on acheiving most of your quilty goals for 2010.

I must say you've inspired me to keep a stash record for 2011 (so thanks for that-I'll probably horrify myself )

Mrs A said...

oh that is really clever, if i tried to do this it would take forever! but i can reveal lots of WIP's in the quilty box! Would a photo of that do?!

Lori said...

I'm satisfied with 2010. Although the stash numbers look like my stash grew a lot, my cubes of fabric have less odds and ends in them. The stacks of finished tops have doubled.

Chris said...

Too funny! I love how you did your report.

Sandy H said...

Love the graphs! I haven't done the math, but I know my UFO completion is equal in number to last year--8 out of 10 planned each year; my stash has probably just about broken even (at least in terms of space if not yardage--I haven't had to add any storage units or shelving!); and my total number of quilts finished, mostly due to UFO completions, is about the same as last year. But now that I've got most of my UFOs done--after two years of UFO challenges!--2011 will be an interesting benchmark for future years. I may have my own bar charts next year... Loved this post. Thanks!