Sunday, September 12, 2010

Week 36 Stash Report

My stash report numbers continue to go in the wrong direction.  Last week Spinning Star and Charlene commented that for them the stash tracking was about using older fabric and replacing it with new, not really reducing their stashes.  I think I'm going to have to adopt that philosophy.   I'm definitely not in reduction mode, but about half of what I bought this week is going into quilts that are already in progress, the other half is blenders (which I noted last week that I don't have much of). 

So what did I buy?

Purple and yellow fat quarters for a scrappy quilt that is already in progress.


Plus:



The purple and yellow floral on the bottom is to back the scrap quilt I bought the fat quarters for.  The dark blue with the yellow stars in the middle is for the border of the BOM that I showed on my design wall last Monday.  The multicolored on white, the red/white swirls and medium blue/white swirls are blenders I bought to build up my stash in that area. 

I count my fabric when I finish a block (otherwise I'd never count anything). I finished 2 BOM blocks and 2 for the purple/yellow scrap quilt.  I also pieced the backing for a mystery quilt and got it sent to the quilter.  So here are my numbers for the week:

Used this Week:  3.6 y
Used Year to Date:  29 y
Added this Week:  25.4 y
Added Year to Date:  299.6 y
Net Used for 2010:  -270.6 y

Jump over to Judy's Patchwork Times to see how others are managing their stashes.  http://www.patchworktimes.com/


3 comments:

Kathie said...

Love all the fabrics you bought.

Everyone is reporting stash for a different reason. Some want to reduce, some just want to keep the amount in check and try to keep what comes in even with what goes out.

I want to reduce my stash. I am trying to use more than what comes in but I won't stop buying. Especially for borders, I never seem to have the right color for the project and sometimes it is just so fun to buy a new set of fabrics.

SpinningStar said...

Good purchases - Looking forward to seeing the purple/yellow quilt since those are such fun and cheerful colors!

Liz

Quiltsmiles said...

I may have to adopt your theory of counting when I finish a block. I'm using fabric but can't report anything until it's totally done with my method. So of course nothing being reported for quite a bit of time! Nice purchases. Jane