Sunday, September 26, 2010

Stash Report - September 26th

I knew my stash report would be bad, but I didn't realize how bad until the sale fabric from Hancock's arrived yesterday.  Maybe I need to add my proposed purchases to my spreadsheet before I click submit on those Internet orders?  Or maybe I need to set my goals a bit higher on the exercise front so I don't reward myself too frequently?  Oh well, damage is done, here are the numbers:

Used this week = 2.8 yards
Added this week = 27.5 yards
Used year to date = 34.68 yards
Added year to date = 327 yards
Net used for 2010 = -292.5 yards

Here's what came yesterday:



Mainly blenders, but I couldn't resist the Cardinal fabric. I collect cardinal fabric, I just love the bright red of those birds. 

Plus more blenders and a tone on tone black.  All this fabric was on sale.  Hopefully, I've added enough blenders so that the next time I go to pull fabrics for a quilt I want to make, I'll be able to use some of the great focus fabrics I already have. 

Now I guess I just need to start some new quilts.  I received a new commission from my daughter, one of her favorite teachers is leaving because her husband is being transferred.  Megan would like me to make a photo quilt for her before she leaves.  To do that I'll need the help of the photography class at school because I don't have any recent photo's of the students in her class.  I'll need them soon if I'm going to get a quilt completed within the month!

Check out Judy's Patchwork Times to see how everyone else is doing on fabric management. 

Have a great week! 




4 comments:

Tamera said...

Beautiful fabric.

Jamie Janow Elfert said...

Everytime I see Cardinals, I think of my Nana -- she collected them too and I inherited them. I try to use at least one of them in all of my scrappy quilts. When my stash started going in the wrong direction, I made pillowcases -- helps alot!

Laurie said...

Lovely cardinal fabric. I collect bird fabric...I'm sure I'll do something with it soon.

Helsie said...

Hello Kate,
Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm off to have a look at all these terrific quilts you have been making.
Cheers
Helen